Thursday, October 3, 2013

REVIEW: Freeman's Facial Brightening Rose Paper Mask

I'm definitely a face mask junkie, and I've just discovered that the WalMart where I go to school has a TON of single Freeman masks. Bad for my wallet...good for my skin! I had never tried a paper mask, so I decided to try the Freeman Facial Brightening Rose Paper Mask, which claims to brighten and tone. 





The mask comes in a small packet and when you take it out, a lot of extra rose liquid (serum, they call it) will drip and spill everywhere if you aren't careful (oops). It is a medium pink color, so I was a little scared when it dripped all over my gray sweater. No need to worry--it came out with a little laundry stain spray. The thin wet mask is attached to a thicker paper; you just peel it off and lay it on your face for 5 or 10 minutes. 

I feel that paper masks are always sort of awkward to put on, because everyone does not have the same face, so it was kind of difficult to get it straight on my face. It has a mild rose/soapy scent that I would be weary of getting it into your eyes. It had a cooling feeling and got slightly tighter as the 10 minutes went by--but not uncomfortably so. 




Far left: before mask; Top middle: awkward, with mask on; 
Top bottom: immediately after removal; and Far right: 10 minutes 
after removing mask

Overall, this was a great mask! Definitely worth the less than $2 I paid for it. I'm not sure what really classifies as 'dull' skin, so I don't know whether or not there was a major difference in my skin, but there is definitely a noticeable one. After removal, the directions say to press the extra serum into your skin--don't rise or wipe anything off. My blemishes were slightly more irritated (red), but after a few minutes they returned to normal. The rose serum left my skin feeling clean, smooth, and smelling very nice. 



I love Freeman masks, and I will continue to try more! They don't test on animals, and their simple, yet attractive packaging always draws me in. 5 out of 5 stars! \(◕ ◡ ◕)/

No comments:

Post a Comment